Range: Impact Shooting Center 6111 Morgan Rd, Cleves, OH 45002
We plan for both days to start at 08:30 AM and go until approximately 5:00 PM.
There will be a 1hr lunch break on both days.
Things we plan on covering this class:
- Equipment Considerations (Holsters, sighting systems, parts selection, etc.)
- Effective zero’s
- Fundamental mechanics of shooting
- Embracing and managing recoil
- Trigger press as it relates to performance
- Efficient presentation of the handgun (Draws)
- Functions of the 1911/2011 platform
- Efficient methods of reloading
- Maintenance/Disassembly/Reassembly/Cycles of Operation
- Managing sights at speed and distance
- Assessing your skills
An open mind with a desire to learn!
1911/2011 Handgun suitable for carry/duty/competition use. (If you have questions about whether your gun is suitable or not, please do not hesitate to contact us!)
At least 3 magazines, more for single stacks with 8 rounds or less.
Holster suitable for carry, duty, or competition use (No Serpa or cross draw please)
Way to carry at least 2 magazines on you person. (A belt mounted magazine pouch is HIGHLY suggested)
Reliable ammunition for your handgun (600rds This is a minimum requirement. The more ammo the better!)
A belt suitable to carry your handgun and ammunition
Eye protection (ANSI rated)
Any tools you feel necessary to work on your firearm
A way to take notes!